About Crime School
Crime School is a virtual classroom with curriculum about criminal activity, how it can impact your life, and what you can do about it.
Security expert Chris McGoey is the host of Crime School. He facilitates talk-show discussions with industry experts, crime victims, and product manufacturers about the methods, tactics, and tools being used to prevent crime.
Discussions about Crime School will provide the education and training you need to make better informed decisions about making places safe for people and property whether you and your family are at home, at your place of business, or out in public.
My idea about Crime School came in response to several decades of speaking to business owners, and crime victims about how to reduce their risk of physical harm and/or property loss caused by criminal activity.
Crime victims learned the hard way that the laws of society, the police, and private security didn’t protect them from crime. Becoming a crime victim reminded them that personal safety and preventing property loss at home, at a place of business or when out in public is primary their responsibility until help arrives.
Most crime victims admit that they didn’t think much about crime prevention or make plans to prevent specific types of crime, but would now like to learn more about it if training was accessible and affordable.
My vision about Crime School is to host a classroom-in-the-cloud that provides easy access to practical training about crime and loss prevention topics without the high-cost and time commitment associated with formal education.
“Let’s not kid ourselves, career criminals have their own crime school and learn their trade in the street, jail, prison, and online. Unfortunately, their methods of operation often adapt faster than law enforcement and private security can anticipate, and their tactics are constantly evolving with technology.”
I’m a practicing security consultant and licensed private investigator. I’ve been studying crime prevention and security management for almost five decades. I’m still learning new things. I see new variations in old criminal methods of operation all the time, especially with new technology that criminals often use to their advantage.
I need Crime School too. I’m constantly seeking new ideas just to keep up with ever-changing crime trends and learning the best practices available to prevent it.
We’re all on this planet together, so we might as well help each other out by sharing what we know in a cooperative effort to prevent crime. I believe that we can do much better if we work together.
“Together we are Crime School where those with knowledge can teach and those seeking advanced an education in crime prevention can learn” — Chris McGoey
About Crime School Curriculum
Weekly crime and loss prevention subject matter:
- Discussion about breaking crime news and ongoing investigations.
- Preventing specific crimes against persons & property.
- Retail loss prevention – robbery, burglary, shoplifting, employee theft.
- Crime risk assessment & security planning.
- Home invasion and burglary prevention (homes, apartments & condos).
- Nightclub & bar security.
- Convenience store and gas station security.
- Fast-food and restaurant security.
- Shopping center security.
- School & campus security.
- Hotel & motel security.
- Travel security.
- Preventing workplace violence.
- Personal safety when out in public.
- Internet crime, fraud & scams.
- Self-defense & use of force including weapons.
- Law enforcement and private security training.
- Probable cause to detain, arrest, false arrest.
- Liability for our action or inaction.
- Review of products, hardware, and equipment.
Who Should Participate
- Any concerned citizen who wants to learn how to be safe.
- Students interested in crime prevention careers.
- Law enforcement professionals.
- Corporate security management.
- Security consultants & investigators.
- Loss prevention professionals.
- Security guards and proprietary security officers.
- Risk managers & Insurance underwriters.
- Commercial property owners & managers.
- Business owners & operators.
- Attorneys interested premises liability & negligence claims.
- Equipment suppliers and service contractors.
Podcast Talk Show Format
Crime School uses a radio talk-show format to interview crime victims and industry experts, criminologists, investigators, business operators, and crime prevention specialists that have been successful in solving specific crime problems in various settings.
We interview security and personal safety product manufactures to learn about the latest in hardware, equipment, and technology that can be used as tools to fight crime.
We record and publish interview content weekly as an MP3 audio-podcast file format so you can listen the content at your leisure. We make it easy for you to listen to each episode on your computer, smartphone or other audio listening device on all operating systems. If you subscribe to the Crime School Community you can download each episode automatically and listen to shows while in your favorite chair, while driving in your car, at the the gym, on an airplane, or while exercising.
For those that prefer to read, we publish show-notes about the highlights from each episode. The show-notes contain links to guest information and valuable resources that are mentioned during each show.
- Crime School content is influenced by your feedback so contribute ideas for future discussion.
- I appreciate those who share Crime School content on social media so others might benefit.
- Help Crime School be discovered by leaving a 5-Star Rating & Review in iTunes.
- Thank you for participating in Crime School and for doing your part in making places safe.