The idea for a Crime School came about in response to decades of speaking to commercial property owners, business operators, and crime victims about reducing their risk of financial loss or personal harm caused by criminal activity — Chris McGoey
- Crime School is a virtual classroom committed to sharing the current body of knowledge about a broad range of criminal activity and the methods and strategies being used to prevent it.
- Crime School provides education and training about crime and loss prevention so you can make informed decisions about making places safe and secure whether you’re at home, at your place of business, or when you’re out in public.
- There is a worldwide community of crime and loss prevention practitioners that have extensive education, training, and experience that are willing to share their knowledge in this forum.
About Crime School Curriculum
- Crime risk assessment & site specific security planning.
- Security planning for you and your family.
- Who commits crimes against persons & property.
- Retail loss prevention – robbery, burglary, shoplifting, employee theft.
- Home invasion and burglary prevention (homes, apartments & condos).
- Apartment Security.
- Hotel & motel security.
- Shopping center security.
- Convenience store and gas station security.
- Fast-food store security.
- Restaurant security.
- Nightclub & bar security.
- School & campus security.
- Travel security – Home & Abroad.
- Preventing workplace violence.
- Personal safety when out in public.
- Internet crime, fraud & scams.
- Self-defense & use of force including weapons.
- Law enforcement and private security training.
- Probable cause to detain, arrest, false arrest.
- Use of products, hardware, and equipment.
- Liability for our action or inaction.
About Who Should Participate
- Any concerned citizen who wants to learn how to be safe.
- Risk managers & Insurance underwriters.
- Commercial property owners & managers.
- Business owners & operators.
- Attorneys interested premises liability & negligence claims.
- City Planners & Government Administrators.
- Law enforcement professionals.
- Corporate security management.
- Security consultants & investigators.
- Retail loss prevention professionals.
- Security guard companies and private security officers.
- Students interested in crime prevention careers.
- Equipment suppliers and service contractors.
About Talk-Show Podcast Format
Crime School uses a talk-show podcast format to interview guests about crime and loss prevention challenges in various settings.
We record and publish interviews, presentations, and reviews as an MP3 audio-podcast file format so you can listen to each episode at your leisure. We make it easy for you to listen to each episode on your computer, smartphone or other audio listening device. You can download each episode automatically and listen in while in your favorite chair, while driving in your car, at the gym, on an airplane, or while exercising.
For those that prefer to read, we publish show-notes about the highlights from each episode. The show-notes contain links to guest information and valuable resources that are mentioned during each show.
- Crime School subject matter is influenced by feedback.
- We encourage you to contribute ideas for discussion.
- We appreciate those who share Crime School content.
- Thank you for doing your part in making places safe.