Crime School Podcast is in response to decades of speaking to businesses and crime victims about reducing their risk of harm and financial loss caused by criminal activity — Chris E. McGoey
- Crime School Podcast talks about making places safe and secure whether at home, at a place of business, or when out in public.
About Crime School Curriculum
- Crime risk assessment & site specific security planning.
- Security planning for you and your family.
- Who commits crimes against persons & property.
- Retail loss prevention – robbery, burglary, shoplifting, employee theft.
- Home invasion and burglary prevention (homes, apartments & condos).
- Apartment Security.
- Hotel & motel security.
- Shopping center security.
- Convenience store and gas station security.
- Fast-food store security.
- Restaurant security.
- Nightclub & bar security.
- School & campus security.
- Travel security – Home & Abroad.
- Preventing workplace violence.
- Personal safety when out in public.
- Internet crime, fraud & scams.
- Self-defense & use of force including weapons.
- Law enforcement and private security training.
- Probable cause to detain, arrest, false arrest.
- Use of products, hardware, and equipment.
- Liability for our action or inaction.
About Who Should Participate
- Any concerned citizen who wants to learn how to be safe.
- Risk managers & Insurance underwriters.
- Commercial property owners & managers.
- Business owners & operators.
- Attorneys interested premises liability & negligence claims.
- City Planners & Government Administrators.
- Law enforcement professionals.
- Corporate security management.
- Security consultants & investigators.
- Retail loss prevention professionals.
- Security guard companies and private security officers.
- Students interested in crime prevention careers.
- Equipment suppliers and service contractors.
About Talk-Show Podcast Format
Crime School uses a talk-show podcast format to interview guests about crime and loss prevention challenges in various settings.
We record and publish interviews, presentations, and reviews as an MP3 audio-podcast file format so you can listen to each episode at your leisure. We make it easy for you to listen to each episode on your computer, smartphone or other audio listening devices. You can download each episode automatically and listen in while in your favorite chair, while driving in your car, at the gym, on an airplane, or while exercising.
For those that prefer to read, we publish show-notes from each episode. The show-notes contain links to guest information, videos, photos, and valuable resources mentioned during each show.
Learn More about Premises Liability Litigation
Download the book written by Crime School host Chris McGoey.
- Security Expert’s Guide to Premises Liability Litigation.
- Evaluating Crime Foreseeability and Inadequate Security Cases.
WANTED: Show Guests with Crime Stories
- Are you a property crime victim or violent crime survivor?
- Do you have a business with crime problems to solve?
- Do you have crime or loss prevention programs to share?
- Do you have crime prevention products to review?
- Contact — Chris with your ideas for a show.
- Crime School topics are influenced by your input and scenarios.
- We encourage sharing Crime School content on social media.
- Help Crime School grow with a 5-Star Rating & Review in iTunes.
- Thank you for doing your part in making places safe.