Juvenile Shoplifting – Petty Theft with Low Risk of Incarceration
- Juveniles working gangster-style with adults makes crime a felony
- Adults directing children to steal $350 of Red Bull Energy Drinks
- Adult parents throw 12oz cans at a clerk escalating to a robbery
Podcast Time Stamps:
[00:50] — CrimeSchool.com/44 podcast begins with security expert Chris McGoey
[01:00] — AM/PM Convenience Store video caught juvenile shoplifting in the act
[01:30] — Watch the mother attempt to distract the cashier from seeing the theft
[02:50] — Watch the father throw 12oz Red Bull cans at cashier aids kids to escape
[03:20] — Father’s use of force escalates juvenile shoplifting to felony robbery
[04:40] — Red Bull Energy Drink is a hot Organized Retail Crime theft item
[05:35] — Organized thieves clean out entire shelves to sell on the black market
[07:00] — Organized Retail Crime is a multi-billion dollar loss for retail industry
Juvenile Shoplifting Video (starts after short delay)
Juvenile Shoplifting Training by Disgraceful Parents
- Children learn what they hear and see especially the parents’ gangster lifestyle
- These children are learning not to respect people, the law, and rules of society
- These children are taught that use-of-force and intimidation is like a game
- Many adult career criminals say they started out with juvenile shoplifting
- Petty theft is often overlooked by justice system as just a phase of growing up
- Our future depends on parents raising productive and law-abiding children
- Juvenile shoplifting escalates to fraud, burglary, robbery, assault, and worse
- Law enforcement and juvenile courts intervene when parents fail in their duty
- Juvenile shoplifting petty theft is charged as a burglary if adults aid and abet
- Bad parent role models, bad friends, early incarceration sets path for entire life
Organized Retail Crime (ORC) Use Juvenile Shoplifting
- Retail loss prevention agents see adults using kids as shields to shoplift
- Store personnel need training how to approach and deter organized thieves
- Organize Retail Crime (ORC) prefer big box stores with poor customer service
- Loss Prevention door-greeters are successful preventing cart push-outs
- ORC shoplifting crews from foreign countries plagued cities then move on
- ORC work in teams and often clean out entire shelf-stock of targeted items
- Stolen items sold at black market stores, restaurants, bars, and swap meets
- Black market easier now with illicit online sales on eBay, Craigslist, Facebook
- Organized Retail Crime is a multi-billion dollar loss to retailers every year
- Big box store loss prevention have partnered with police to arrest theft crews
- ORC sting-operations and legislation enacted to prosecute ORC leaders
Common high-theft items by ORC shoplifters:
- Red Bull Energy Drinks
- Razors and blades
- Over-the-counter pain medication
- Baby formula and diapers
- Pregnancy test kits
- Teeth whitening strips
- Tide laundry detergent
- Diabetic test strips
- Allergy medication
Juvenile Shoplifting and Organized Retail Crime Video
Related Juvenile Shoplifting Podcasts
- 10 Things Loss Prevention Agents want Shoplifters to Know
- 10 Things Shoplifters Don’t Want You to Know
- Loss Prevention Procedures Reduce Liquor Wine Store Theft
Learn More about Premises Liability Litigation
Download the book written by Crime School host Chris McGoey.
Evaluating Crime Foreseeability and Inadequate Security Cases.
WANTED: Show Guests with Crime Stories
Are you a property crime victim or violent crime survivor?
- Do you have a business with crime problems to solve?
- Do you have crime or loss prevention programs to share?
- Do you have crime prevention products to review?
- Contact — Chris with your ideas for a show.
- Crime School topics are influenced by your input and scenarios.
- We encourage sharing Crime School content on social media.
- Help Crime School grow with a 5-Star Rating & Review in iTunes.
- Thank you for doing your part in making places safe.