Nightclub security plan after Orlando massacre
What nightclub security plan upgrades are needed for Gay Pride week?
- What can San Francisco club owners do to enhance security?
- Should nightclub owners worry about a copycat incident?
Interview with San Francisco Chronicle newspaper.
- Reporter Aidin Vaziri
- Is a nightclub security plan needed for the LGBT Pride Celebration.
Podcast Time Stamps:[01:20] — Gay Pride (LGBT) weekend starts June 25, 2016 in San Francisco. [01:50] — This year LGBT parade joins with Black Lives Matter movement. [03:10] — Interview begins with San Francisco Chronicle newspaper reporter. [04:00] — What should nightclub owners do in light of Orlando massacre? [05:00] — No trend or pattern where or when next mass shooting will occur. [06:00] — Parade dynamic may change with Black Lives Matter movement. [07:20] — Nightclub security plan must increase vigilance at the front door. [08:20] — San Francisco Police will be out in force and highly-visible. [09:00] — Police have met with parade organizers and nightclub owners. [09:40] — Will mass shooters be deterred by more security staff at the door? [11:15] — Arming all security staff in clubs is not likely to happen soon. [12:45] — Special response training needed for a nightclub security plan. [13:15] — Nightclub owners need a response to “what if” questions. [14:40] — New dynamic requires personal alertness at all public venues.
San Francisco LGBT Parade and Celebration
- Gay Pride parade 2016 is expected to draw one-million people.
- Celebration moves between Civic Center and the Castro district.
- Day-long celebration and mixing of political values is security challenge.
- Police hope for peaceful demonstrations and protests.
- The usual amount of disruption and disorderly conduct is expected.
- Due to the crowd, theme, and alcohol there will be some fights.
- Some injuries and medical emergencies are anticipated.
- Gun violence and mass murder has not been the major threat.
- A few people were shot in 2013 and 2015 at LGBT Pride events.
- SFPD will increase foot patrols and have a highly-visible presence.
- Law enforcement is relying on each nightclub security plan.
Nightclub Security Plan for Gay Pride Celebration
- FBI and San Francisco Police have met with parade organizers.
- Saturday is nightclub night South of Market and in the Castro.
- Streets, nightclubs, and bars will be filled with people.
- Police have met with clubs about a nightclub security plan.
- Police planning is largely about crowd control and response.
- The Orlando Nightclub Massacre is on everyone’s mind.
- Police will be out in force to prevent a copycat mass shooter.
- City must rely heavily on private nightclub security plan.
- Nightclubs must hire and train adequate staff to control conduct.
- Nightclub security plan must address active shooter response.
- Crime School content is influenced by your feedback so contribute ideas for future discussion.
- I appreciate those who share Crime School content on social media so others might benefit.
- Help Crime School be discovered by leaving a 5-Star Rating & Review in iTunes.
- Thank you for participating in Crime School and for doing your part in making places safe.