Nightclub security plan after Orlando massacre
What nightclub security plan upgrades are needed for Gay Pride week?
- What can San Francisco club owners do to enhance security?
- Should nightclub owners worry about a copycat incident?
Interview with San Francisco Chronicle newspaper.
- Reporter Aidin Vaziri
- Is a nightclub security plan needed for the LGBT Pride Celebration.
Podcast Time Stamps:
[01:20] — Gay Pride (LGBT) weekend starts June 25, 2016 in San Francisco.
[01:50] — This year LGBT parade joins with Black Lives Matter movement.
[03:10] — Interview begins with San Francisco Chronicle newspaper reporter.
[04:00] — What should nightclub owners do in light of Orlando massacre?
[05:00] — No trend or pattern where or when next mass shooting will occur.
[06:00] — Parade dynamic may change with Black Lives Matter movement.
[07:20] — Nightclub security plan must increase vigilance at the front door.
[08:20] — San Francisco Police will be out in force and highly-visible.
[09:00] — Police have met with parade organizers and nightclub owners.
[09:40] — Will mass shooters be deterred by more security staff at the door?
[11:15] — Arming all security staff in clubs is not likely to happen soon.
[12:45] — Special response training needed for a nightclub security plan.
[13:15] — Nightclub owners need a response to “what if” questions.
[14:40] — New dynamic requires personal alertness at all public venues.
San Francisco LGBT Parade and Celebration
- Gay Pride parade 2016 is expected to draw one-million people.
- Celebration moves between Civic Center and the Castro district.
- Day-long celebration and mixing of political values is security challenge.
- Police hope for peaceful demonstrations and protests.
- The usual amount of disruption and disorderly conduct is expected.
- Due to the crowd, theme, and alcohol there will be some fights.
- Some injuries and medical emergencies are anticipated.
- Gun violence and mass murder has not been the major threat.
- A few people were shot in 2013 and 2015 at LGBT Pride events.
- SFPD will increase foot patrols and have a highly-visible presence.
- Law enforcement is relying on each nightclub security plan.
Nightclub Security Plan for Gay Pride Celebration
- FBI and San Francisco Police have met with parade organizers.
- Saturday is nightclub night South of Market and in the Castro.
- Streets, nightclubs, and bars will be filled with people.
- Police have met with clubs about a nightclub security plan.
- Police planning is largely about crowd control and response.
- The Orlando Nightclub Massacre is on everyone’s mind.
- Police will be out in force to prevent a copycat mass shooter.
- City must rely heavily on private nightclub security plan.
- Nightclubs must hire and train adequate staff to control conduct.
- Nightclub security plan must address active shooter response.
- Crime School topics are influenced by your input and scenarios.
- We encourage sharing Crime School content on social media.
- Help Crime School grow with a 5-Star Rating & Review in iTunes.
- Thank you for doing your part in making places safe.