- We encourage everyone to download and print our Crime School show notes, articles, and download our audio files for “personal fair use” to further their knowledge of security and crime prevention as long as our copyright is honored.
- If you wish to use our content for commercial purposes or anything other than personal research or reference, please seek approval from us first.
- We own, and will exercise our moral and legal copyright over this written and recorded content, as necessary.
- Please do not copy our show notes, audio or video files, or articles and republish our content on other websites (without obtaining permission first)
- However, you are welcome to share or place links from your website to the Crime School Website.
- Articles or show notes posted or reprinted with permission on other Websites must clearly identify Chris E McGoey as the author and the CrimeSchool.com website as the original source with a link pointing back to our website.
Aegis Books, Inc owns the content on the Crime School Website. It holds a copyright in that name. We want to strike the appropriate balance between getting the content widely distributed while at the same time protecting our intellectual property rights.
Permission is Not Required
You are free to do the following without our permission:
- Link to Crime School or any specific post or page on the site.
- Extract and re-post less than 200 words on any other site, provided you link back to my original post.
- Print off any post or page and photocopy up to 50 copies for internal distribution within your own company or organization.
- Print Crime School posts in any non-commercial publication (e.g., company newsletter, school newsletter, class syllabus, etc.), provided you include this copyright notice:© 2015 – Crime School – All rights reserved – Originally published at CrimeSchool.com
Permission is Required
You must have our express written consent to do any of the following:
- Use this content for commercial purposes, including selling or licensing printed or digital versions of this content.
a. Alter, transform, or build upon this work.
b. Re-posting and Translation Rights
- We do not permit the re-posting of our posts in their entirety. This is because Google penalizes websites for publishing duplicate content. It often can’t tell which website hosts the original, so we risk getting penalized for granting permission.
- In addition, we don’t allow the translation and publication of our work in other languages. We simply don’t have the resources to validate the quality of the work.
- If you have some use for our content that is not covered here, please contact us.
Registered trademarks of Aegis Books, Inc
- Crime School
- Crime Doctor
- Crime Rx