Hotel Room Security Plan to Protect Valuable Items
- Assume that in your absence a hotel room is not secure.
- Leave valuable items at home or have a plan to protect it.
- Interview by Marissa Laliberte with Reader’s Digest.
Podcast Time Stamps:
[02:25] — Hotel room security – Interview begins with Reader’s Digest.
[03:40] — There’s no guarantee that your hotel room will be secure.
[04:45] — Electronic devices are high-risk for loss and ID theft.
[06:30] — Theft of belongings can leave you stranded without a backup plan.
[07:30] — If ID, credit cards, and airline tickets were stolen, could you recover?
[08:45 ]— Where do you hide things in a hotel room that are deemed safe?
[09:00] — Do you believe that the hotel room safe is secure for valuables?
[10:00] — If you can’t afford to lose it, don’t leave it unsecured in a hotel room.
Hotel Room Security Plan to Prevent Loss or Recover
- Play “what-if” all necessary travel credentials were stolen?
- How long would it take you to recover from the loss and get back home?
- Make a detailed hotel room security plan before your next trip.
- Create backups of critical items and leave them with a relative or friend.
- Store a scanned copy of a cloud-server that you can retrieve remotely.
- A hotel room security plan gets cash and credit cards within 24-hours.
- Your hotel room security plan starts before you leave home or it’s too late.
Related Hotel Room Security Articles & Podcasts
Learn About Premises Liability Litigation
Download the book written by Crime School host Chris McGoey.
- Security Expert’s Guide to Premises Liability Litigation.
- Evaluating Crime Foreseeability and Inadequate Security Cases
WANTED: Show Guests with Crime Stories
- Are you a property crime victim or violent crime survivor?
- Do you have a business with crime problems to solve?
- Do you have crime or loss prevention programs to share?
- Do you have crime prevention products to review?
- Contact — Chris with your ideas for a show.
- Crime School topics are influenced by your input and scenarios.
- We encourage sharing Crime School content on social media.
- Help Crime School grow with a 5-Star Rating & Review in iTunes.
- Thank you for doing your part in making places safe.