How can Women Prevent Crime and be Reasonably Safe?
- Women prevent crime by assessing their daily lifestyle.
- Security plan creates awareness to reduce risky behavior.
- Women prevent crime by adopting safe routines.
- Interview with Women’s World magazine.
- Writer/editor Hannah Chenoweth.
Podcast Time Stamps:
[02:12] — Interview with Hannah Chenoweth from Women’s World magazine.
[03:00] — Primary defense tactic for women is reliance on life experience.
[04:00] — Find a safe neighborhood to live will reduce overall crime risk.
[05:20] — We control exposure to crime risk by our behavior and lifestyle.
[06:40] — Research safe destinations for errands, and entertainment.
[07:15] — Develop safe routines for selecting and using parking lots.
[10:00] — Don’t rely on phone apps during a confrontation…use your brain.
[13:45] — Play “what if” to determine how you would respond to a threat.
[19:00] — Must trust your instincts about potential threats and react.
[23:00] — Make your home safe from burglars and home invaders.
[27:45] — Your neighbors have a vested interest to protect you.
[30:20] — Develop a family security plan and adopt safe routines.
Women Prevent Crime with a Lifestyle Assessment.
- Evaluate every aspect of your lifestyle for the level of crime risk.
- Do you live in a safe environment…can you relocate?
- Do you go to work or school in a safe place?
- Are there things you can do to improve the safety of your home?
- Make a list of daily routines, locations, and activities.
- Do you have common destinations that are unsafe?
- What steps can you take to reduce your crime risk?
- Can research and adopt safer destinations for errands?
- Have a family meeting to discuss safer lifestyle changes.
Designing a Security Plan to Fit your Lifestyle.
- Women prevent crime by choosing a safe neighborhood to live.
- Women prevent crime by making their home safe from intruders.
- Women prevent crime by planning to be safe at every destination.
- Women prevent crime by being alert to surroundings when out in public.
- Women prevent crime by walking with intention and awareness.
- Women prevent crime by trusting their instincts about threats.
- Women prevent crime by not relying on others to keep them safe.
Related Shows about Crime Prevention for Women
- 10 Reasons Why Burglars Choose Your Home
- Home Security Burglars, Robbers, Safe Rooms
- Parking Lot Security – Your Car as a Personal Safe Room
Learn More about Premises Liability Litigation
Download the book written by Crime School host Chris McGoey.
Evaluating Crime Foreseeability and Inadequate Security Cases.
WANTED: Show Guests with Crime Stories
Are you a property crime victim or violent crime survivor?
- Do you have a business with crime problems to solve?
- Do you have crime or loss prevention programs to share?
- Do you have crime prevention products to review?
- Contact — Chris with your ideas for a show.
- Crime School topics are influenced by your input and scenarios.
- We encourage sharing Crime School content on social media.
- Help Crime School grow with a 5-Star Rating & Review in iTunes.
- Thank you for doing your part in making places safe.